Podcast: Play in new window | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | | More
To celebrate the 50th Episode of the #AskSteveAustin, Steve Austin welcomes Paul Young and Ed Bacon to the show. In this episode, the three friends talk about the journey to wholeness in a time of religious and political polarization.
Ed Bacon is an Episcopal priest, speaker, and author of 8 Habits of Love. Now, after decades of leading churches, he travels from his Alabama home, teaching across all spiritual paths as well as in non-religious contexts how our Oneness in Love overcomes our separateness in fear. He also works to help save the Pando forest in southern Utah. You can follow Ed at edbacon.co –
Paul Young is author of The Shack, Crossroads, Eve, and Lies We Believe about God. On Paul’s website (wmpaulyoung.com), he asks the question, “Is it possible to craft a space for community and conversation free of the divisiveness of politics or religion or ideology…a space for you to explore life, God, the world and what it is to be fully human, and to do so alongside a growing group of friends?” If that sounds like a place you’d like to belong, you are going to LOVE the 50th episode. Welcome, friend!
- This week’s special guest host is Princess Caroline Austin, with a special rendition of her favorite song from Disney’s Moana.
- What are we talking about when we talk about wholeness?
- When it seems like everyone is standing across the great chasm, shouting at each other, all of those things sound great – but what does it look like in real life to make or become the bridge?
- Ed recently said, “I passionately believe that the myth of the separate self or even of the separate political or cultural or religious group is a delusion.” What does this mean?
- Paul says, “Anywhere you find good in this world you are witnessing the active expression of the activity of God and human participation in the life of God.”
- Paul Young doesn’t believe that God blesses anyone’s politics.
- Paul and Ed respond to 2 listener questions.
- Ed tells us the 9th Habit of Love, which didn’t quite make the book.
To be a part of conversations like this on a daily basis, JOIN THE MESSY GRACE TRIBE ON FACEBOOK! For as little as $1/month, you can join this exclusive, private group. Go to patreon.com/iamsteveaustin to sign up today.
Other episodes you can’t miss:
- The Wonderful Truth about Heaven and Hell (with Ed Bacon)
- The Shack and Lies We Believe about God (with Paul Young)
- The Shack and Lies We Believe about God (Part Two – with Paul Young)
- Liturgy of the Forsaken (feat. Paul Young)
- The Miracle and the Mystery of Christmas (with Ed Bacon)
- Forgiveness is the Death of Ego (with Ed Bacon)
- Faith that Heals Bigotry and Bodies (with Ed Bacon)
Follow Steve Austin on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Sign up for Steve Austin’s free weekly email newsletter and get a FREE excerpt from his upcoming book, Overwhelmed. Sign up here.
Purchase Steve Austin’s books:
Steve Austin’s Amazon best-selling memoir, From Pastor to a Psych Ward, is now the #1 New Release in the Suicide category on Audible. Get your copy today!
Never signed up for Audible before? Get a free month of Audible and the audiobook of your choice by going to Audibletrial.com/AskSteveAustin
Looking for affordable, quality, accessible help for your mental health? Go to BetterHelp.com/AskSteveAustin