In Episode 78 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin talks with Brad Polley, co-host of the Inglorious Pasterds Podcast. In this episode, we talk about the Beatitudes, the meaning of “righteousness”, and spanking the monkey.
- The Beatitudes and Masturbation
- Spanking the Monkey with Brad Polley
- The REAL Reason Paul went Blind
- The Beatitudes: Who Cares?
- I don’t think Joel Osteen preaches on this very often.
- What’s about to come after this is completely upside down and backward. Nothing about this is how society works.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit? Blessed are those who mourn? The modern church doesn’t believe any of this.
- “There’s more opportunity for God when you’re at the end of your rope.” What are you even talking about?
- The Kingdom of God is a completely upside down reality. The path of Jesus is the path of downward mobility.
- Grace is a level playing field, whether you like it or not.
- “Grace isn’t opposed to hard work, but it is opposed to earning.” Dallas Willard
- You can’t buy or earn your way into God’s Kingdom.
- When you’re poor, you don’t have much to defend.
- When you’re mourning or meek or a peacemaker, you aren’t trying to defend things.
- We mentally ascent to these words, but we keep them at arm’s length.
- What does “righteousness” mean? I think Jesus is talking about an inner posture.
- If you deal with the internal life, the external life will take care of itself.
- Prohibition just increases the temptation.
- When righteousness is your posture, everything else takes care of itself.
- “To the extent that you live in fear, that is the extent to which you don’t know that you are loved.” -Paul Young
- Sometimes hungering and thirsting for righteousness might be calling the therapist.
- Music by: Act of Congress