In Episode 75 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin talks with Paul Young about having the grace we need for today. Paul is the author of The Shack, Crossroads, Eve, and Lies we Believe about God. This continues our Summer series on The Sermon on the Mount.
If you’d like to support this podcast and my writing, speaking, and suicide prevention work, click here to join the Catching Your Breath Community!
- Being invited into someone else’s story is the kiss of grace.
- Marriage would be so much easier if there weren’t another person involved.
- Worry is not a fruit of the spirit.
- When you deal with fear, you can either trust or control.
- In a world where you can’t trust God, it seems that money is a really good option.
- Money doesn’t give a damn about you.
- This is the day. You get grace for one day. You don’t get grace for something that doesn’t exist yet.
- The opposite of more is enough.
- To the degree that fear controls you, that is the degree to which you don’t know that you are love.
- We have to grow up and become a child.
- Freedom will always feel irresponsible, especially if you’ve carried the weight of the world on your shoulders.
- Matthew 6:24-34
- Listen to Chapter 1 of Catching Your Breath
- Read Chapter 1 of Catching Your Breath
- Pre-order Catching Your Breath
Other Episodes Featuring Paul Young:
- The Journey to Wholeness in a Time of Polarization (also feat. Ed Bacon)
- The Heart of Man
- Looking for God in the Darkness
- The Shack & Lies We Believe about God (Part 1 – CXMH Podcast)
- The Shack & Lies We Believe about God (Part 2 – CXMH Podcast)
- My first interview with Paul (2011).