Welcome to Episode 64 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast with Steve Austin, sponsored by Audible. For a free 30-day trial and one free audiobook, go to audibletrial.com/asksteveaustin – This mailbag episode includes Steve’s responses to listener questions about: people pleasing, boundaries, speaking in tongues, anger, same sex attraction, atheism, and a whole lot more!
Last week, we reached a great big milestone – 25,000 downloads! Thanks to all of my wonderful guests, the messy grace tribe on facebook, and you the listener – this is a big deal! Thank you!
GIVEAWAY! For the next four weeks, I’m going to be giving away a paperback copy of my book, Self-Care for the Wounded Soul, plus a $25 Amazon gift card. All you have to do for your chance to win is leave a 5-star rating & review on iTunes. Take a screenshot of your review and email it to me at email@example.com – I’ll be giving away a copy of my book and an Amazon gift card every week for the next four weeks. Leave a review. Email it to me. It’s that simple. Good luck! And thanks for listening.
- Have you followed my blog? This week on the blog, I shared a couple of new posts. One about the most depressing thing Jesus ever said, and another with 5 podcast episodes you don’t want to miss. Check those out, plus information on my life coaching and more at iamsteveaustin.com
- My new book, Catching Your Breath: The Sacred Journey from Chaos to Calm, is due out in October! Want to stay up-to-date with all that’s happening with this new book? Join the launch team at catchingyourbreath.com! Subscribers get a free excerpt of the book, exclusive bonus content, and details on how to join the launch team.
- Are you a member of the Messy Grace Tribe on Facebook? It’s an exclusive, closed Facebook group for supporters and guests of the AskSteveAustin podcast. If you’re looking for a way to continue this conversation every single day with other like-minded, grace-filled people, join the Messy Grace Tribe on Facebook! You can sign up for as little as $1 a month by going to patreon.com/iamsteveaustin. If you’re looking for a safe and diverse community of people who care about compassion, unity, and humanity – and aren’t obsessed with denomination, dogma, or doctrine, join The Messy Grace Tribe on Facebook! Sign up at patreon.com/iamsteveaustin
This week’s questions include:
- How do you find the strength to be the most authentic version of yourself, even if it’s bound to disappoint the people closest to you?
- How do you personally deal with the fact that just because Jesus can heal someone or fix a situation doesn’t mean he will? How does that affect your faith?
- How do you decide when to engage in a conversation or not?
- How can we have better conversations with the Evangelical/Fundamentalist brethren?
- How did Jesus not punch someone? Or, go absolutely bananas?
- What guidance can you give to a Christian who is experiencing unwanted same-sex attraction?
- Did you pray in tongues? If you did have the ‘gift of tongues’, do you now believe it was real? Is it something that like the Assemblies of God’s I’ve been to, you practiced? Is it a farce? What are your thoughts now?
- Do Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God?
- What is your opinion on atheism?
- If you imagine God as a living person, here, now, how do you imagine him/her?