Episode 45 is THE BIG YEAR-ENDER! This is one awesome and random mashup of messy grace and mayhem. In this episode, Steve Austin chats with musical guest, Devin Balram, plus his friend (and fellow heretic), Tracy Kane, AKA Ukulele Tracy.
- This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp.com – Looking for a licensed counselor or therapist who is accessible, affordable, and ready to help? Visit BetterHelp.com/AskSteveAustin today.
- Devin Balram is a singer-songwriter and photographer who calls himself a resilient failer. Download Devin’s music (and leave him a hefty tip) at Noisetrade.com/devinbalram
- Tracy Kane is THE ukulele darling of progressive Christian podcasts…. And lung cancer advocate, marathon finisher, vegan cookie eater, and pit bull walker. Follow Tracy on Twitter @ukuleletracy.
- Thanks to each of who you sent me messages via email, text, or social media for my birthday on Tuesday. It was a perfect day!
- From messygrace.com – Celebrating Christmas When Your Faith is Full of Doubt – To read the rest of this Christmas Confessional, go to messygrace.com today
- Speakpipe voicemails I want to hear from you! Got questions, kudos, or criticism about this podcast or my blog? Leave me a voicemail! Just go to SpeakPipe.com/AskSteveAustin.
- Want to join the Messy Grace Tribe? Sign up for as little as $1 per month by going to patreon.com/iamsteveaustin
- Stephanie Long shared a powerful reflection on her open heart surgery in poetry and I’ll share the link in the show notes.
- Ed Bacon has written a powerful new blog on Medium, Being Radically Awake in a Roy Moore Alabama and a Donald Trump US
Top 3 Listener-Favorite Episodes of 2017:
- How Do I Get More Sex?
- How to Survive When Your Spouse Tries to Die by Suicide
- 6 Ways to Defeat Discouragement Today
Lyrics to, “Weak Sometimes”:
You’re put to together, you’re so well & put together
That even on your tragic days, you seem fine
You try so hard, to hide that there’s a fight inside
But I can see it in your eyes, that you seem fine
Who ever said, it was wrong to be weak sometimes,
To cry yourself to sleep, & wake up with your tears barely dry
You might feel like you’re dying, that the end is no where in sight
Who ever said, it was wrong to be weak sometimes
You say that pain just gets in the way
Just let it sit, it’ll dissipate
You say that no one’s had a better day,
By dealing with their shame.
Download Devin’s music today – https://noisetrade.com/devinbalram/
Coming up in 2018:
- Benjamin L Corey
- Carol Howard Merritt
- Jay Bakker
- And we’re getting close to my 50th episode – stay tuned!
Steve Austin is an Amazon best-selling author, life coach, and self-care consultant. Feeling stuck, stressed, or overwhelmed? Get your copy of Self-Care for the Wounded Soul on Amazon today!