This bonus episode of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast features Steve Austin’s latest talk at Restore Alabaster. Check out this candid discussion on shame, suicide prevention, and creating a safe community.
This week on Episode 63 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin welcomes his dear friend and fellow writer, Sarah J. Robinson. In this episode, the two look at the real meaning of joy in the Bible. Don’t miss this conversation on the most depressing thing Jesus ever said. Music in Episode 63 by Jon Scott.
Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me a message that read, “Life sucks.” And I responded, “Yep. It’s a promise from Jesus.” This episode is all about that. Well, kinda.
Many of us want to believe that Christianity is about the end of suffering, pain, and hard times. We want the successful Christian life to equal health, wealth, and happiness. But we forget that before Jesus ever resurrected, he was betrayed, mocked, beaten to a bloody pulp, nailed to a cross, and buried. This is a conversation about hard times. And hope. And cultivating joy in the midst of it all.
- Music in today’s episode by Jon Scott: jonscottonline.com
- Join Sarah Robinson’s Joy-Full Course at beautifulbetween.com/joy
- Sign up for Steve Austin’s 7-Day Self-Care Challenge for free at jointheselfcarechallenge.com
- Read this week’s post on how to spark your creativity by practicing stillness
- Join the Catching Your Breath launch team!
- Submit a guest post to iAmSteveAustin.com!
- Support the #AskSteveAustin Podcast on Patreon