Podcast: Play in new window | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | | More
In Episode 46 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin talks with Logan Tyler Nelson about the power of embracing and cultivating intentionality in our daily lives. Today’s big question: Is life happening to you, or for you?
Dictionary.com defines the word “intention” like this – an act or instance of determining mentally upon some act or result; another definition is this: purpose or attitude toward the effect of one’s actions or conduct:
Oprah says this, “The #1 principle that rules my life is intention. Thought by thought, choice by choice, we are cocreating our lives based on the energy of intention.”
But what about that quote we’ve heard all our lives, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions”? What’s missing between Oprah’s perspective and this old adage about the road to hell?
In Oprah’s book of quotes, The Wisdom of Sundays, Gary Zukav describes the difference between an INtention and an OUTtention. What most of us think of as an intention is actually the outward version of that. Gary’s example is this, “I want to get another job, so I can have more money.” But the INTENTION, as Oprah says it, is the WHY beneath the why. It’s the motivation for getting the new job or more money that counts. It’s the energy you use for doing the intended thing.
Click here to read this week’s blog by Steve Austin, “3 Powerful Ways to Create the Life You Want”.
Quotes from today’s show:
- “We create our own world. We are responsible for our attitude. That’s the reason you have the reality or the life you are living right now.”
- “If your life stinks you had something to do with it and the opposite is true. If your life is good you had something to do with it.”
- “Time is finite.”
- “To make a life worth living is to save someone from negative thinking.”
- “Knowing your why is very important, but we have to know the action steps to get there.”
- “Quality of life comes down to quality of questions.”
- “To create a life worth living requires a bit of patience and clarity.”
- “Is life happening to you, or for you?”
- Oprah Winfrey, “Intention is one with cause and effect. Intention determines outcome. And if you’re stuck and not moving forward, you have to check the thought and the action that created the circumstance.”
- Donald Miller said, “It is not so much the aim of the devil to lure me with evil as it is to preoccupy me with the meaningless.”
Logan Tyler Nelson is the creator of Scratch You Own Itch podcast, Performance Enhancement Expert, and Published author on Thrive Global. He inspires and motivates you to “Scratch Your Own Itch” so you can grow personally and professionally.
Logan equips people with the tools necessary to live CREATIVE and EPIC lives, and leaves people better equipped to manage change effectively. His WHY is he’s a suicide survivor, and shares his powerful testimony globally.
Connect with Logan:
Music by BenSound.
The #AskSteveAustin Podcast is brought to you weekly by the folks at BetterHelp. If you’re looking for accessible, affordable, professional help, go to BetterHelp.com/AskSteveAustin. BetterHelp will match you to one of 2,000 licensed therapists. Get feedback, advice and guidance from your counselor.