Join Steve Austin and Mike Foster on Episode 51 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast for a brand-new look at relationships. If you’re tired of hearing the same old relationship advice, don’t miss this talk about Mike and Jennifer Foster’s new workbook, Five Dates.
- Mike Foster describes himself as an imperfectionist and friend of second chancers. He has published wonderfully helpful curriculum like “Freeway” and “Wonderflife” and started the Rescue Academy, which I’ve had the joy of working through. Mike’s work has been featured on Good Morning America, Fox News and in the New York Times, plus an appearance on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Listen and subscribe to Mike’s FunTherapy podcast.
- Talking styles of men and women (hint: they’re different).
- What do we need to know if we’re in a relationship with someone who has a lot of past trauma or baggage?
- What role does compassion play in a relationship?
- Advice for the couple who says, “we’ve tried everything and nothing has worked”.
- Marriage counseling usually doesn’t work because: a) people go too late, and b) focusing on problems stirs up more problems and pain.
- Get the book at FiveDates.co
- Check out People of the Second Chance at secondchance.org
- Retweet Steve’s pinned post on Twitter for a chance to win a copy of the Five Dates workbooks!
Tweetable Moments with Mike:
- Fifty percent of any relationship is one hundred percent you.
- I’m going to spend the rest of my life helping people feel less alone.
- … loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unheard.
- Complexity keeps people stuck.
- I want to have compassion anchor every transaction.
- Don’t work on your problems, work on your togetherness.
- Men communicate to win and to compete; women communicate to create togetherness and connection.
- Blame is a quick way to discharge our pain.
- Oftentimes, the problems we’re facing today come from our family of origin.
- For grace-based goodness from Steve Austin, go to messygrace.com
- For life coaching tips and more resources, go to iamsteveaustin.com
- Follow Steve on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Steve Austin’s first book, the Amazon best-seller, From Pastor to a Psych Ward, is now on Audible! It was the #1 new release in the suicide category last week. Steve is giving away free downloads of this new audio book, and all you have to do to snag one is email email@example.com if you live in the US or UK.
- Join the Messy Grace Tribe on Facebook! It’s an exclusive, closed Facebook group for supporters and guests of the podcast. If you’re looking for a way to continue this conversation every single day with other likeminded, grace-filled people, you can sign up for as little as $1 a month by going to patreon.com/iamsteveaustin